22 August 2010

Content may not be appropriate for all ages, parental discretion advised.

So I am cashing in on my $299 flight deal to Cancun by doing the following things...

#1. Taking Public Transportation
I felt smart this time since I found a bus from the airport to the b
us station ($4) because last time I thought I was getting a good deal when a man robbed me blind and charged me $43 for the same ride. I had recently traveled to Costa Rica and got the exchange rates confused so I thought it was a good deal at the time.

#2. Walking
I am staying in this sweet place called Hostel Kankun, not only is it a hostel but they spelled Cancun with two K's, usually I'd avoid places like this, but I'm a budget traveler and all I need is a bed. $12/night is a steal, a nice double bed, large fridge, and a bunk bed to hang my clothes on the sweat can dry. I thought this place was close to the bus station and it is, but I honestly walked around for 2 hours when I got into town before I could find it. No one knew where it was and the huge banner I was looking for was actually hiding behind some bushes so I passed by it 3 times at least without seeing it.
#3. Cultural
I love this little park in downtown Cancun. If you ever come and stay in the hotel zone, where most normal Americans stay, you must come here on a weekend. They have everything going on here, great food including a bag of churros for <$2, variety of entertainment for adults and kids (basically powerwheels are overtaking half the plaza with kids driving and parents chasing, it is very interesting to watch), shopping and a safe atmosphere to hang with Mexicans. I put these pictures on just to see if the amount of clicks I received on my blog were due in part to the preview picture on my sister's blog.
I happened to make it to the public square during the 2nd Annual Mr. Cancun Pageant.
Then the Miss Cancun bodybuilding pageant took place, there were only 5 of them and none of them were as buff as bubba joe...however, I've never seen her in a swimsuit so I might be wrong.
The final act I stayed for was these two men who did all sorts of tricks, this one was my favorite, the touchless balancing act since I've always liked to walk around with things on my head to show off my great balance. Maybe they'll need a backup one day?

1 comment:

Hayley said...

sah...weet! which one is you in the first pic? that's why you don't like people snooping around in your room? you don't want us finding your mystery speedo? it's all starting to make sense.
btw...avy slept in your bed the past 2 nights & thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. don't worry, she washed her feet off both times.