26 March 2010

You get what you pay for

Hirama reminded me I had this blog and asked if I would be updating it. Since my last post, I have spent 2 weeks in Tahoe in August, flew to Salt Lake, then drove through Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia with my friend Jordan in September, went to Utah in October to see some old friends I met while in Honduras, then hung out with Grandma and Grandpa, oh wait, they weren't home, they were off tailgating at a football game all night long and I wasn't about to break into their house again and have the cops come so I slept in my car, then drove to the Cardon house to hang with my sister, brother in law, nephews and Big Al's Food Town. Duchesne is quite the place to be. Found grandparents on my way back as well as hail, snow, rain and an ice cream bar taped to my front bumper, it lasted the whole drive, just wasn't frozen when I got to the Griff-Inn.
November I had the chance to go to Honduras with my dad and younger brother Jaxon. I pulled a last minute Santa gig and went to Idaho in December, went on a cruise to Mexico with my parents and unmarried siblings, since the single folk are allowed to have fun. That was January. In Feburary, I had a friend come out for the weekend and we did the City stuff and now it's March and I just got back the depths of Parker Arizona/Lake Havasu area and stayed in town for one Sunday and now find myself in Hawaii. Internet is too slow right now to add pictures but I will add some later.

But before I go to bed I want to say I found a sweet deal on a room in Waikiki. $23/night. The bad news is I've stayed at dives before, but I always end up being alone, this one is packed. I have 5 roomates for the night, two are guys from England, two are in the same bottom bunk (I'm guessing boy and girl but they have a sheet around their bunk) and one more girl on my top bunk. Just like home. I got in late so I didn't really get to meet them but the two guys from England talked back when I asked questions. I don't care about sharing a room with strangers, I'm more worried that I just had to put a $1 down to rent a towel to shower with. It would be a good deal if I was here longer though because that dollar buys you as many clean towel exchanges you want. What a shame I'm only here for one night. And so I end with I did get my towel because I paid for it. Best news of the night was the sheets came free!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

glad you're back adventurous austin. & btw, you don't have to quarantine yourself from a trip to hawaii..we've been over this...it's only when you've traveled foreign or been with sick kids. & why are you staying at a hostel??? you never cease to confuse me.

did you get the pic of the pirate patch lady? did you tell her your bro-in-law used to wear one too?

The Cardon's said...

Fun- fun! We missed you that last night, but had fun the little bit we saw you. The boys adore you!!! Um Hay- you may want to rethink the quarantine thing- he has been sharing a room with strangers!!! Odd- thats all I can say!! but the hike looked fun. Sure hope I get to make it there some day!!! You have fun and keep posting!!! Love ya like a brotha!!

Adventurous Austin said...

Your boy's adore me? I'd hate to see how happy they are around people they don't like. Trust me, you don't want to come here, someone tried to harpoon me today...I wasn't even in the water.

The Cardon's said...

Maybe you should lay off of th snow cones then and take in a little more hiking- haha!

Blog_Commenting_Service said...

When reading this article on your website, I'm happy. Because the information I seek, I could find in this article. And that satisfy me.
retractable baby gate