08 September 2008

Last day already

I´m sitting in Guatemala, not really sure where the last few days have gone. Sorry there aren´t more photos like I had hoped. My plan was every 2nd day put the pictures I had taken on a cd and then I´d be able to put them on this blog. Sadly the memory card went bad and so I had to buy a new one but if fits like 10 times the amount of fotos so I didn´t have to keep putting them on cd´s. The pictures will come later when I am back in the good old USA. For my dad this has been an eye-opening experience. He really did love it and I feel that he came to understand why I love it so much here.

It is the people. Every where we went the people were wonderful. They are so happy and they love to live each day. They have simple lives without all the distractions that we face in the U.S. There wasn´t a day that I didn´t run the numbers to see how I could live down here. Old friends and new were so kind and friendly. Wherever we went we found friends and many of them you just feel like you have known them forever. I feel very lucky to have been back here and especially to have been able to bring my dad so he could see some sights and sounds of a very different world.

He says he wants to come back so there may just be another chapter later on. We will see how well that works out because afterall, today he tried to buy a stuffed squirrel for my little sister. It was very expensive though, better just catch one outside and give it to her. The world is a great place and I´m glad to have seen some more of it this last week.

No comments: