01 September 2008

Day of Travel


Saturday 30 August 2008

Today was an eye opening experience. For some reason I thought that a trip down the old PANAMERICAN HIGHWAY would be quick and easy. Little did I know that pretty much the entire trip would be in the winding roads of the mountains. It was a long drive but it was all so cool that I couldn´t close my eyes. Besides that if I would have tried chance are I´d open them only to find a car trying to pass coming right at us honking the horn. So I was able to see many pretty places in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras. I´m going to try to attach some pictures of that. Most of you who know me would be proud to know that I actually paid full price for something. Our first night in Honduras we stayed at the nicest hotel within a 3 hour ride. It was nice and the gecko in the shower didn´t scare my dad as much as it scared me.

The Guatemalan city of Antigua and my dad.




We slept well and I was enjoying the AC because it was so hot without it. You can´t just sit down and not sweat. It´s very humid and sticky like no other. It has been 3 years since I´ve been here so I guess I forgot how great it was.


The road ahead, we passed quite a few buses and one even had people hanging out of it. Sorry but I can´t see the pictures before I select them so I just have to add them without being too picky.

A small view of the valley below. I took this going about 80mph so I figured it turned out ok.

No comments: