16 August 2009

Cancun Day 1

First day was simple, landed around 10 am, took a taxi to the bus stop, traveled 4 hours to get to Chichen Itza and toured the ruins for about 90 minutes. Bought some little things on my way and took some pictures of the great Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza. It really was a great place. I found myself wishing I had studied more about them before I saw them and also wishing I had booked two nights in the area vs. only one.

The park closed at 5pm so I went back to my hotel. I was going to walk but forgot and took a taxi that overcharged me and I paid it. It cost 70 pesos ($5.45) and was a quick ride. My hotel was pretty cool. Much nicer than I was expecting for $30 a night. If you ever plan on going let me know and I will hook you up with a hard to find deal at this hotel. Of course I will charge you a booking fee, I don't care who you are...Brother Tyler.

I sat around the hotel, relaxing, working, enjoying the AC until about 7:30 and then I walked over to the ruins the back way and watch the light show. The show was cool but after they shine lights on the ruins so many times it got boring. I was sort of listening to the story that went along with the lights but then I fell asleep. I'm pretty sure the guy next to me thought I was dumb but I couldn't help but doze off. Pictures will come once I can upload them from my camera. I went back to the hotel and enjoyed a poptart I had brought for dinner. Nothing sounded good at the restaruant and besides, it cost money. It was a pretty fun day and I would recommend seeing Chichen Itza to anyone. However, you cannot climb up them like before. The ball court was also cool to see. I went to bed a little late which was weird since I was so tired at the light show.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

please no skinny-dipping in the fancy pants pool. i heard that's frowned upon.

Adventurous Austin said...

Trust me, there is nothing skinny dipping around here, more of a fluffy dipping. RIP Fluffy.

Hayley said...

and boy & friskey. let's all take a moment.